Together we can bring forward the day when no one fears Parkinson’s.
We are a local branch of Parkinson’s UK with over 150 members
What we provide:
- friendship, support and shared experiences of Parkinson’s
- weekly seated exercise and body conditioning classes, subsidised Nordic Walking classes (new for 2019)
- free speech therapy (communicating confidence)
- free monthly carers’ meetings, annual lunch
- free monthly social meetings with speaker or activity/party at Christmas
- summer subsidised Blooms cream tea
- subsidised summer outings
- subsidised group holiday for carers, former carers and people with Parkinson’s. who are members of PUK
- subsidised carers’ lunch
- subsidised members’ Christmas or harvest lunch
- equipment grants available
- respite care financial help available
- help with transport
- we keep in touch with those unable to get out to meetings/activities
- help from local advisers
- funding for research into a cure for Parkinson’s
We are trying also to expand our activities to include more younger people with Parkinson’s by offering different activities at different times of day.
Our group fundraises as much as possible but we do also rely on other peoples’ donations and fundraising on our behalf.
So, come along and meet us. If we do not run something that you would like to get involved in talk to us as well! If you want to know more e-mail me at Chair@parkinsons-rugby.org.uk
Sally Dyer, Chairperson